Fabulous Fruit – 20% Off
By Lorraine Spooner
MAKE YOUR GARDEN EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL WITH OUR SPECIAL OFFER ON ALL FRUIT TREES AND BUSHES
THIS OFFER IS AVAILABLE UNTIL THE END OF MAY, SO VISIT US SOON TO MAKE YOUR SELECTION FROM THE HUGE RANGE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
OUR HORTICULTURAL EXPERTS WILL BE ON HAND TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE ESSENTIALS OF SELECTING THE OPTIMUM POLLINATING PARTNERS TO ENSURE A GOOD YIELD
(alternatively you can make an appointment with Lorraine – firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure you are devoted the time you require)
From Apples, Pears, Plums, Gages, Cherries, Grapes, Figs, Raspberries, Gooseberries, Blackcurrants and Blueberries to the more unusual Damson, Quince, Medlar or Hazelnut – every garden has a place for at least one fruit tree. The stunning blossom is produced in delicate shades of white and pink, attracting insects which transport the pollen from flower to flower, thereby ensuring cross-pollination and initiating the maturing process from embryo fruit to the ripeness required for a delicious bite of freshness straight from the plant.
The various trained forms of fruit trees that are available can be put to a number of uses which might not have been previously considered.
- A single bush form tree could provide the focal point in a flower border to provide height and structure
- A mini orchard of 3-5 trees, will not only improve cross-pollination between varieties but will increase yield and can extend your fruiting season from early to late, with careful selection of cultivars
- A trained form such as a Fan or Espalier need not be confined to a wall or a fence – if given adequate support they can create a wonderful screen to divide up different parts of the garden
- Step-overs are the quintessential form for edging areas of the vegetable garden. They are also an excellent form for children to plant, grow, nurture and ultimately enjoy the fruit of their labours
- ‘Ballerina’ tree forms are excellent dwarf forms for planting in containers where space is limited
‘HAIRY POT’ HERBACEOUS AND HERB PLANTS
We would love to share our new ‘zero plastics’ range with you so are discounting these from £5.00 to £4.00 until the end of the month. The Hairy Pot range owes its success to the planters which are produced from bio-degradable coconut husks (coir) and can be planted straight into the soil without any root disturbance. Available in a wide range of varieties and colours, now is the time to get planting and produce colourful borders for high summer impact or create a herb garden to add flavour to BBQ’s and long summer drinks.