Welcome to Nicholsons
Nicholsons was set up by Roderick Nicholson in 1979 and later joined by his son Niel in 1992.
Nicholsons today has three divisions offering a full horticultural landscape, garden design and forestry service to Oxfordshire and surrounding counties.
Plants Division (Director Niel Nicholson)
Offers trees and hedges to professionals and private home owners across the UK
Forestry Division (Director Tim Shardlow)
Professional foresters and arboriculturalists offering advice and contracting services in woodlands, private estates and new plantations as well as private gardens
Landscape Division (Director Liz Nicholson)
Offering a full design and planning service followed by our teams of hard and soft landscapers and gardeners to construct and plant projects
It’s important for us that we never lose sight of our core principles and beliefs. Here’s what we believe in – the philosophy and key foundation to our business:
- Confidence – Our confidence comes from extensive training and significant experience
- Integrity – Our business is sound, honest and moral
- Expertise – Selective recruitment and good training ensure that we are expert in our field
- Trustworthiness – Trust is fundamental to the Nicholsons service
- Energy – We love what we do!
- Positive approach – We think solutions not problems
- Efficiency – Less fuss more action!
- Professionalism – Our professional approach yields excellent results
- Partnership – We enjoy working with clients to achieve the best result
- Responsibility – We take ownership of our projects to deliver a high quality product and service
- Ecological values – We sell 0.5million trees per year but know that we can do more…..
- Creativity – At Nicholsons you will get creative design, creative products and creative solutions
- Individuality – Each project is unique
- Excellence – Our daily goal!
- Consideration – We treat others as we would like to be treated
- Inspiration – Inspiring staff and clients to consider beyond the obvious
Nicholsons employs around 120 qualified and professional staff to manage their annual turnover of over £7 million. We actively encourage training for all staff members to ensure new skills and competencies are acquired, and fully advocate Continuous Professional Development at all levels.
Nicholsons currently recycles 100% of wood waste that provides heat and hot water for our offices. We have a large PV array to generate our own electricity and collect rainwater for irrigation use.
Approved contractors of the Arboricultural Association, Nicholsons are also accredited with CHAS and Safe-contractor. The Company are also members of the BALI and recently won an award as Cherwell large business of the year 2012, as well as being finalists in the Oxfordshire Business of the Year awards in 2012 (Large Business Award) and 2013 (Energy and Environment Award).
Nicholsons is accredited by the following official organisations: